Quickbooks online Book- keeper wanted
- Bachelor's Degree
- Mac OS
- Bookkeeping and office administration
- Part time - approximately 15 hours per week
- Employee or independent contractor
- Entry level - 2 years experience required
- Starting compensation: $15-$25
- Work location: Fashion Island, Newport Beach. May include working remotely.
- Competitive Analytics is small, family owned company with a competitive benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
Competitive Analytics is searching for an extremely proactive and detail-oriented bookkeeper with strong office administration skills. If you are highly organized, detailed oriented, an excellent communicator, and have a passion for problem solving, you may be the perfect fit for this position! The bookkeeper will report directly to the CEO and will be trained by the current bookkeeper (who you will be replacing). This position could be filled by an employee or independent contractor.
The bookkeeper will provide comprehensive book-keeping, accounting, financial reports, accounting dashboards, pro forma financial dashboards, and related administrative assistance for the company and owners.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and references for consideration.
- Preparing invoices and statements.
- Processing payroll (QuickBooks Online).
- Paying bills and managing payables generally.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Making QuickBooks Online entries.
- Preparing financial reports (P&L, Balance Sheet).
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Preparing cash flow projections.
- Depositing checks.
- Preparing information for tax advisor and bankers.
- Help administer employee benefits (401K, Defined Benefit Plan, Insurance).
- 1099 filing.
- Property tax filing.
- Business personal property tax filing.
These tasks cover both the company and the owners and the bookkeeper will become intimately involved in all aspects of the company and owner finances.
HR Support: Maintaining all documentation (e.g. on-boarding documents) and providing logistical support related to human resources.
Administrative Support: Providing administrative support related to accounting, finance, and HR, included but not limited to the following:
- Scheduling: Scheduling appointments and communicating with all relevant parties.
- Mail: Sort, distribute, and respond to mail.
- File and Document Management: Dropbox, paper filing, and retrieving/sending documents as needed.
- Requests for information: Responding to requests for information from banks, auditors, service providers, tax authorities, etc.
- Communication: Assist in the timely management of communications, including written, telephone, email, Skype, text, face-to-face, and voicemail.
- Research: Conduct ad-hoc research.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance with both bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience as well as some education and/or experience in data analytics. However, we are open to considering candidates with other related education and experience that supports a strong aptitude for the role.
- Must have bachelor’s degree (or close to obtaining). Although not required, the ideal candidate will have a degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 2 years bookkeeping and QuickBooks experience.
- Minimum of 2 years office experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting.
- Some data analytics, computer programming, and/or economics education and/or experience preferred (not required).
- Demonstrate strong knowledge and extensive use of Microsoft Office and/or Mac OS.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly responsible, detail oriented, and proactive.
- Must thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to work from our Newport Beach office and remotely from home as needed.
- Must have own vehicle and have a good driving record.
- Precision-Oriented. Attention to detail. OCD is a positive attribute! Quality control is paramount.
- Learner. Passion for reading, technology, data, analytics, how the world works.
- Self-starter. Self motivated, entrepreneurial, creative, curious, inquisitive, experimental.
- Innovator. Thirst for new possibilities, pushing the envelope, blowing up the box
- GRIT. (Guts Resilience Initiative and Tenacity), stick-to-itiveness, stubborn, solving unique problems, answering difficult questions, habit of POE (process of elimination), practice.
- Communication. Listening, speaking, presenting, writing, non-verbal communication, respond quickly.
- Reliable. Responsible, available, on-time, trustworthy, confidential.
- Attitude. Personality, humor, positive energy, synergistic.
- Dual Brain. Left Brain/Right brain, dive deep and get into granular detail AND able to tell a synthesized story.
- Multitasker. Wear many hats!
- Passion about Data-Analytics. Like math, statistics, economics, analytics.
- Organized. Take good notes. Excellent follow-up.
The Safe, Guaranteed Solution to Your Home Repair and Maintenance Needs
Mr. Handyman is your one-call solution for a wide range of home maintenance and repair needs. Our uniformed technicians are fully insured professionals. We arrive on time in uniform and a marked van with the tools to complete the job right.
Mr. Handyman technicians are highly skilled craftsmen with an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades. We’re home repair and improvement experts, and we are known for the quality of our workmanship and professional reliability so you know the job will be done correctly and efficiently.
Mr. Handyman, a Neighborly company, was founded in 1996 and has served nearly 1 million customers across North America. Here are a few reasons why our customers recommend Mr. Handyman to their friends.
- One simple call provides easy scheduling
- On time arrival
- Job is done right the first time
- Wide variety of repair, maintenance and improvements services
- Technicians have an average of 10 years’ experience in the trades and are fully insured for your safety
- We promise to clean up when we’re done
- Our quality workmanship is guaranteed
Who is Mr. Handyman?
Mr. Handyman isn't the guy offering home repair services from the back of his pickup truck. Mr. Handyman is your personal home improvement consultant and a trusted, knowledgeable resource that is part of a leading national service franchise. Our experienced, professional home repair and improvement technicians are skilled craftsmen with an average of 10 years of experience in the trades. We’re so confident in the work we perform that each job we do, whether a repair, installation, assembly or organization task, is backed by our Done Right Guarantee.
You don’t have time to spend on a service that’s less than reliable and dependable, and you shouldn’t let just anyone in your home. When you need professional handyman services you can trust and depend on to get it done right, you can count on Mr. Handyman.
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: $15 - $25
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 to $25.00 /hour
- Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Quickbooks: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Mrhandyman office
Hours per week:
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)