Have you owned or managed a home improvement business? Do you leave your customers thrilled? Do you love the craft side of that business, working with customers to turn their dreams into reality, but grow tired of the administration and headaches? Do you find yourself burning the candle at both ends, working a full day with your current customer, and then another half day on estimates required to line up your next job, bookkeeping and administration? Are you getting paid for all that extra time? Are you tired of feast and famine cycles, the demand for free estimates, and tire-kicking callers?
At My Handyman we understand your challenges. We've built this business with you in mind. As an employee of My Handyman you'll focus your time and energy on your current customer, and turning their dream into reality. The office staff manages the marketing, answers calls and qualifies leads, chases payment and deals with insurance and regulatory paperwork. You'll have a company van and ZERO out of pocket expenses that decrease your take home pay.
We only hire seasoned professionals and then treat them as such. Our staff average 10 years of industry experience. Approximately 90% of the homes you visit in a given week are pre-qualified jobs to be worked, with ~10% being paid estimates for future work. You're not running the tires off your vehicle chasing free estimates. You're working, and getting paid.
Don't let the 'Handyman' name fool you, we do nice projects in nice homes. 50 % of our work is returning customers, which keeps us busy. Customers come to us based on our strong reputation and stay with us based on the strength of our staff and the quality of their work.
We're looking for a select few experienced, motivated and organized home improvement professionals that can work directly with customers to successfully complete current projects and open doors to future projects. Accordingly, excellent customer communication and independent work skills are required.
If you've run your own business, do quality work and are tired of trying to find your next project and all the employee drama, My Handyman might be the place for you. We'd be happy to discuss our needs and your situation and see if there's a fit that works for both of us.
If you meet these qualifications and would like to explore working for a company with a great reputation and that respects your talents and contributions, Please complete our application.
- Complete small to medium repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and cost estimates
- Insure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of necessary equipment
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- Skilled tradesman with 10 years of experience in home maintenance/repair and remodeling
- Strong carpentry background
- Must have own tools fit for many job types
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- Team player who can work independently
- Proficiency in diagnosing customer concerns & estimate pricing
- Have a valid driver's license and clean driving record
- Pass a background check
- The ideal candidate has a strong carpentry background and can "do it all"
- Excellent customer communication skills are required
- Must be Friendly and demonstrate a good, clean appearance
- Must take pride in work and deliver a great product each and every time
- Must leave customers pleased with all work and eager to use My Handyman again
Benefits: Benefits package varies by location
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)