* Have you owned or managed a home improvement business?
* Do you leave your customers thrilled?
* Do you love the craft side of that business, working with customers to turn their dreams into reality, but grow tired of the administration and headaches?
* Do you find yourself burning the candle at both ends, working a full day with your current customer, and then another half day on estimates required to line up your next job, bookkeeping and administration?
* Are you getting paid for all that extra time?
* Are you tired of feast and famine cycles, the demand for free estimates, and tire-kicking callers?
At Mr. Handyman we understand your challenges. We've built this business with you in mind. As an employee of Mr. Handyman you'll focus your time and energy on your current customer, and turning their dream into reality. The office staff manages the marketing, answers calls and qualifies leads, chases payment and deals with insurance and regulatory paperwork. You'll have a company van and ZERO out of pocket expenses that decrease your take home pay. We provide paid holidays after 6 months and paid vacation after one year.
For over 20 years, we've consistently hired reliable, customer service-focused employees who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of handyman repair and they know the value of building relationships with our clients. Our team of qualified experts live our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus while having fun in the process!
We only hire seasoned professionals and then treat them as such. Our staff average 20 years of industry experience. Approximately 90% of the homes you visit in a given week are pre-qualified jobs to be worked, with ~10% being paid estimates for future work. We're not running the tires off your vehicle chasing free estimates. You're working, and getting paid.
Check out our online reviews - you'll find the overwhelming majority are positive. We're a winner of the Angie's List Super Service Award, Best of Home Advisor and have an A rating with the BBB, . These reviews and recognition are a testament to the quality of staff we hire, our culture of ethics and performance, and operating as a team to grow our reputation and win more work.
Don't let the 'Handyman' name fool you, we're licensed as a GC and do nice projects in nice homes. 50 % of our work is returning customers, which keeps us busy. Customers come to us based on our strong reputation and stay with us based on the strength of our staff and the quality of their work.
We're looking for a select few experienced, motivated and organized home improvement professionals that can work directly with customers to successfully complete current projects and open doors to future projects. Accordingly, excellent customer communication and independent work skills are required.
You have a strong background of skilled tradesman experience and have proven communication skills with supervisors, employees, and customers. You are self-motivated, thrive in fast moving environments, and able to manage time to effectively meet deadlines.
If you've run your own business, do quality work and are tired of trying to find your next project and all the employee drama, Mr. Handyman might be the place for you.
- Complete small to medium repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and cost estimates
- Insure the efficient use of materials and maintain adequate stock of necessary equipment
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Keep company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Complete invoices, daily route sheets, and weekly reports as required
- Perform other duties as needed which may include cross-training in related positions
- Skilled tradesman with 15 years of experience in home maintenance/repair and remodeling
- Strong carpentry background
- Must have own tools fit for many job types
- Proficiency to navigate tablet based technology
- Team player who can work independently
If you meet these qualifications and would like to explore working for a company with a great reputation and that respects your talents and contributions, PLEASE COMPLETE AN APPLICATION AT THE LINK BELOW:
Please note: The position offered is for the Mr Handyman office that covers Ocala, Lady Lake, Leesburg, Eustis, Mt Dora. You must live in or near our territory
Please go to the link below and fill out our on-line technician application.
Please use the Email / File option to apply with text entry, and an optional Word or PDF attachment. Please include your phone/ address in the cover letter section.
We will send a follow-up email with a link to complete a skills & tools assessment.
We are actively interviewing for this position - Apply today and our hiring manager will follow-up!
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)