For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman has hired reliable, customer service-focused employees who are experienced in many areas of handyman repair and they know the value of building relationships with our clients. Our team of qualified experts live our code of values of Respect, Integrity, and Customer Focus.
As a Service Technician, you are a key member of our team responsible for the quality & timely completion of repair, maintenance and home enhancement projects from one hour to a couple of days.
Mr. Handyman professionally markets its services that brings well qualified leads into office, which converts high percentage into confirmed service appointments. Office will support technicians so they can be on job sites completing the requested services.
Technicians will: 1) have a solid background of skilled trades experience and have proven communication skills with employees and customers, 2) be self-motivated, 3) thrive in daily, variable assignments with lots of variety, and 4) able to manage time effectively with appointments.
- Prepare for daily assignments with all necessary equipment, materials & van stock
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and time/cost estimates
- Complete small to medium repairs, maintenance and home enhancement projects, keeping customers informed about progress
- Ensure the efficient use of customer billed time and materials
- Follow all required company policies, procedures and directives at all times
- Complete electronic invoices accurately & completely - Collect payment from customers at end of job or day
- Perform other duties as needed, including helping other technicians, review leads & advise office
- Skilled tradesman with 8 plus years of experience in three or more: GENERAL & FINE CARPENTRY, DRYWALL, PAINTING, TILING, SIDING, DOOR & WINDOWS AND MOST OTHER BUILDING COMPONENTS
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Own tools for many job types & assignments
- Comfortable working with the time and materials billing model, collect payment end of each job
- Aptitude to use tablet based technology for work orders and invoicing
- Team player who can work independently and assist others as necessary
- Company van to take home with all expenses paid (Saving estimated $13,000 in work commute annually)
- Branded uniform shirts and jacket
- Credit Card for Material Purchases
- Competitive compensation and annual compensation reviews
- Paid Time Off (Holidays immediately, one week vacation at six months)
Mr. Handyman of Chanhassen serves Carver and portions of Scott, Dakota and Hennepin counties. Cities include Chanhassen, Chaska, Carver, Victoria, Waconia, Shakopee, Savage, Prior Lake, Burnsville, Lakeville, Norwood-Young America and portions of Eden Prairie, Bloomington, Minnetonka
MN Licensed Contractor (BC676897); full general liability and worker's comp. insured; W-2 employment, bi-weekly paycheck
BBB Accredited Business with A plus rating; Angie's List 2017 Super Service Award
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)