Are you a good and versatile carpenter? Do you like a LOT OF VARIETY in daily job assignments? Do you want to use your skills to repair, maintain and improve a variety of properties? How about we run the business and send you the jobs every day?
From one hour to a couple of days we tackle: drywall repair to tiling to exterior repairs to painting to fine carpentry to all sorts of "unique" jobs. We are currently seeking a full-time technician to work in the SW Minneapolis metro area. Work for a company from Monday through Friday, daytime and who respects your professionalism and wants you to succeed!
- Respect & trust in a professional work setting
- Confirmed daily job assignments, you concentrate on using your skills and problem solving abilities
- Up to $26/hr based on experience with annual reviews
- Immediate six paid holidays and 40 hours PTO after six months
- Company van to take home with all expenses paid - a $13,000 annual savings in commuting expense
- Branded uniform shirts and jacket
- Opportunity to learn and grow in your experience
- Prepare for daily assignments with all necessary equipment, materials & van supplies
- Communicate with customers about scope of work and time/cost estimate upon arrival
- Complete small to medium repairs, maintenance and home enhancement projects, keeping customers informed about progress
- Ensure the efficient use of customer billed time and materials
- Follow all required company policies, procedures and directives at all times
- Complete electronic invoices using tablet technology
- Collect payment from customers at end of job or day
- Perform other duties as needed, including helping other technicians
- Skilled tradesman with 8 plus years of experience in two or more: GENERAL & FINE CARPENTRY, DRYWALL, PAINTING, TILING, SIDING, DOOR & WINDOWS AND MOST OTHER BUILDING COMPONENTS
- Strong verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Own tools for many job types & assignments
- Comfortable working with the time and materials billing model, collect payment end of each job
- Aptitude to use tablet based technology for work orders and invoicing
- Team player who can work independently and assist others as necessary
- Company van to take home with all expenses paid (keep in your pocket an average of $13,000 per year)
- Branded uniform shirts and jacket
- Credit Cards for Material Purchases
- Annual compensation reviews
- Competitive compensation
- Paid Time Off (Holidays immediately, one week vacation at six months)
*Mr. Handyman of Chanhassen serves Carver and portions of Scott, Dakota and Hennepin counties. Cities include Chanhassen, Chaska, Carver, Victoria, Waconia, Shakopee, Savage, Prior Lake, Burnsville, Lakeville, Norwood-Young America and portions of Eden Prairie, Bloomington, Minnetonka
MN Licensed Contractor (BC676897); full general liability and worker's comp. insured; W-2 employment, bi-weekly paycheck
BBB Accredited Business with A rating; Angie's List 2017 Super Service Award
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)