MrHandyman of Central Houston under NEW MANAGEMENT
Are you an experienced handyman or carpenter? Have you run your own business? Would you like to focus on delivering quality work and positive customer experiences rather than doing paperwork? Would you prefer steady work to running around giving estimates?
Mr. Handyman of Central Houston is looking to hire strong technicians who will perform a wide variety of repairs, remodeling, and home improvement services - every day is different! The company will handle marketing, sales, and administration. It will provide the uniform, vehicle, fuel, credit card, and iPad. You will bring expertise, top notch work, strong customer service, and good communication. This is a full time position for a company that offers benefits.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Completing small to medium sized repairs, remodeling, and home improvement projects.
- Communicating with customers about scope of work and cost estimates.
- Building rapport with customers and asking questions necessary to identify additional repairs/projects.
- Ensuring the efficient use of time, materials and maintaining adequate stock of necessary equipment.
- Collecting payment from customers for work performed (on iPad).
- Keeping company vehicle and equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition.
- Communicating regularly with the office.
- Skilled tradesman with at least 5-10 years of experience in home maintenance/repair and remodeling. You love what you do and you are really good at it.
- You take the time to do the job right and the extra steps to make sure the customer is happy.
- Strong carpentry background.
- Must have own tools fit for many job types.
- You want to build a relationship with the customer where they ask for you every time they call.
- Good verbal communication with customers.
- You can learn to use an iPad and our apps.
- You are a team player. There are no egos or politics here. We all work together to deliver great service and continuously improve the business.
- Must pass a background check and drug screening. Driving record must be acceptable to drive for the company.
- Regular hours are Monday-Friday 8am-6pm but you have occasional flexibility to work other hours should a customer require it.
- We offer medical, vision, and dental insurance plans, and life insurance.
- We provide a professionally wrapped vehicle and pay for fuel. You may be able to keep the vehicle at home and use it to commute to your job.
- We have the technology and systems that allow you to work more efficiently.
- We provide uniforms.
- Most work is done Monday to Friday 8am-6pm. If you want to work more you can earn more.
Most of the jobs we do are in the following areas: Greater Heights, River Oaks, West University, Memorial & Galleria
Apply today and please include a note as to why you are interested in talking to us to learn more
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)