Service Technician / Handyman
Mr. Handyman is looking to hire Skilled Service Technicians / Handymen. You can earn a great living helping homeowners with small to medium repairs, remodeling and home improvement projects. We are a local business with a focus on smaller projects in the size range of a few hours to a few days. We offer a FULL benefits package along with bonus programs.
If you have the craft skills, customer skills and would prefer to focus on working today's job and not lining up tomorrow's job, Mr. Handyman might be the place for you.
Mr. Handyman is the largest employer of Home Improvement professionals in the world. We are looking for Highly Skilled Technicians with a proven track record. We want people who are dedicated to quality work and building relationships with the customers they serve. We offer a professional, diverse and flexible work environment. We offer bonus and incentive programs that reward your outstanding performance so your hard work and enthusiasm will be recognized.
Service Technician / Handyman Requirements:
- Ideal candidate should have skills in some or all the following: Fence, decks, flooring, fixture repair, bathroom remodel, gutter cleaning, drywall, painting, minor plumbing & electrical, tile, storm doors, exterior & interior door installation, siding repair and other.
- Must have your own tools fit for most of the job types listed directly above
- Skilled tradesman with 15 years of paid experience (we want to know about your home projects too but they do not count towards your professional experience)
- Excellent customer communication skills
- Ability to upsell additional projects while in the customer’s home
- A reasonably clean driving record (no DUI or suspended license)
- Able to pass a background check before being hired
- Must be friendly with professional and tidy appearance. (It’s 2019 so your tattoos or hairstyle are not deal breakers but whatever your style to take pride in how you look when on the job)
- Your professional pride and you do not settle for anything less than a job well done
Service Technician / Handyman Responsibilities:
- Deliver a consistent & remarkably better customer experience when working in our customer’s homes and commercial businesses
- Complete small to medium maintenance/repairs and mid-size home improvement projects
- Communicate with customers about scope of work, cost estimates, manage expectations
- Ability to use a mobile device, like an iPad or Tablet, to manage your daily jobs
- Collect payment and/or payment information from customers for work performed
- Leave customers thrilled with your current work, and open doors to future work
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Aflac, 401K, Uniform Allowance, Tool Purchase Program, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, company van and uniforms are provided to you.
Compensation: One of the best parts of working for Mr. Handyman is that you get to become an “independent” contractor who has a back-office staff who does all that admin and paperwork stuff you don’t have a passion for. We keep your schedule full and you collect on each job completed PLUS you will earn more if you create future projects with your customers based upon how you deliver and build a trusting relationship. Annual take home can range anywhere from the low $40K’s to the mid $70K’s. You control your take home pay more than anyone else does!
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
For over 20 years, Mr. Handyman® franchisees have consistently hired reliable, customer focused team members who are both knowledgeable and skilled. They are experienced in many areas of home improvement, maintenance and repair and they know the value of building relationships with clients. Those select individuals who make the cut are offered a competitive work environment with the ability to have more control over your earnings and your future.
Mr. Handyman International LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Handyman® franchised system. Each Mr. Handyman® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Handyman International LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Handyman® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Handyman International LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Handyman International LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)